The Official Team GB Fanzone Bristol | Rio 2016
Come on down to the Official Team GB FanZone in Bristol this summer to watch live coverage of the Olympic Games from Rio on Big Screen Bristol and participate in some of the sports that our Team GB stars will be competing in, on At-Bristol's Millennium Square!
6 Aug - 21 Aug
Millennium Square, Big Screen Bristol
The Team GB FanZones are a network of big screens and event spaces across the UK in city centre locations. During the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, these FanZones will become fantastic destinations to watch Team GB, whilst participating in sporting activity run by the National Governing Bodies of the Olympic sports. The FanZones are free to enter and will be great venues to soak up the excitement of the Games and share in memorable and historic moments from what promises to be another exciting Olympic Games.
There will also be the opportunity to take part in some Olympic sports for free (run by the National Governing Bodies of the Olympic Sports), including canoeing, shooting, equestrian, and table tennis.
(Please note, that due to Rio being four hours behind, the opening and closing ceremonies will not be shown on the Big Screen).
Schedule of activity
The free activities will run from 10am-6pm and take place on Millennium Square. Big Screen Bristol will broadcast a LIVE feed from Rio, via the BBC, between 1pm and 11pm everyday.
Find out what's on below! (Please note, events are subject to change).
- Fri 5th - BBC 1 coverage of 'Olympics 2016' (8:30-10pm). A preview of what to expect from the first Olympic Games to be held in South America. NB the Opening Ceremony will not be shown, due to Rio being four hours ahead, but you can catch the highlights the following morning.
- Sat 6th - Screening: The Opening Ceremony Highlights (9:15am – 12pm), Rowing, Men’s Road Cycling & Swimming. Free Activity: Aldi’s Kitchen Heroes – Cookery Demonstrations
- Sun 7th - Screening: Rowing, Women's Road Cycling, Swimming & Diving. Free Activity: Aldi’s Kitchen Heroes – Cookery Demonstrations
- Mon 8th - Screening: Rowing, Swimming, Diving & Gymnastics
- Tue 9th - Screening: Rowing, Swimming & Gymnastics. Free Activity: British Canoeing
- Wed 10th - Screening: Rowing, Swimming, Diving & Gymnastics. Free Activity: British Canoeing, British Judo
- Thurs 11th - Screening: Rowing, Swimming & Velodrome. Free Activity: British Canoeing
- Fri 12th - Screening: Athletics, Dressage, Swimming & Velodrome. Free Activity: British Equestrian
- Sat 13th - Screening: Athletics, Rowing & Velodrome. Free Activity: British Equestrian
- Sun 14th - Screening: The Women's Marathon, Gymnastics & Velodrome. Free Activity: British Equestrian
- Mon 15th - Screening: Athletics, Gymnastics & Velodrome
- Tue 16th - Screening: Athletics, Velodrome & Gymnastics. Free Activity: England Handball
- Wed 17th - Screening: Athletics & Boxing. Free Activity: British Shooting
- Thurs 18th - Screening: Athletics & Boxing. Free Activity: British Canoeing
- Fri 19th - Screening: Boxing. Free Activity: British Canoeing, GB Modern Pentathlon
- Sat 20th - Screening: Triathlon, Boxing & Diving. Free Activity: British Canoeing, GB Modern Pentathlon
- Sun 21st - Screening: The Men's Marathon, Boxing & Diving. PLUS: The Bristol Samba band will be performing some Brazilian beats from 3-4pm!
Table Tennis England are kindly providing us with a Table Tennis table for everyone to enjoy, from 8th - 21st August.
Find out more:
This project is a partnership between Team GB and the host venues and is funded through support from official Team GB partners: Aldi, Muller and the National Lottery.