Discover prehistoric worlds through playful and imaginative games and activities. Students will move like dinosaurs, search for fossils in dig-pits and find out about some of the amazing creatures that once roamed the Earth.
Fossils. Dinosaurs. Palaeontology. Fossil dig pit. Time. Discovery.
- Understand that dinosaurs and other fossilised animals lived a long time ago
- Understand that fossils are found in rocks in the ground
- Understand that dinosaurs were not all the same. Some were very small and some were very large.
- Identify people who look for and study fossils as palaeontologists
- Recognise that some fossils look like animals living today, to which they are related
- Investigate fossils and other artefacts using their sense of touch
- Examine fossils, think about how old they are and how they might have formed
- Search for buried fossils like a palaeontologist
- Imagine what ancient animals might have sounded like
- Mime act as a dinosaur
- Listening and attention
- Understanding and speaking
- Moving and handling
Personal, social and emotional development
- Self-confidence and self-awareness
- Managing feelings and behaviour
- Making relationships
- Shape, space and measures
- Understanding the World
- Expressive arts and design
- Being imaginative
Students will be using sand pits and handling small fossils