After Hours: Earth
For those looking for a night out with difference, this is an evening of play, experiments, conversation and inspiration.
Our theme for this event is our treasured home and the urgent challenges we face to protect it. We are really excited to be joined by emerging young artists from Creative Youth Networks's Creative Futures programme, who will be inviting visitors to be transported into the undersea world in a ‘swim’ through time, exploring humans impact on the deep sea community.
After Hours: Earth will also be a chance to:
- Explore over 250+ exhibits that reveal the workings of the world
- Experience the ever-changing nature of the cosmos and our impact on Earth in the stunning 'Spring Stargazing 3D'
- Step inside the Box gallery for Leviathan's Temple - a journey inside the mind of a whale that exposes stories of communities both near and far
- Come and chat about the air we breathe, the data behind the headlines and possible solutions to the problem
- Delve into the world of protein and taste some interesting alternatives in the Kitchen.
This evening marks the start of a focus on climate change in our daytime activities and special events throughout 2019, part of our long-term commitment to sustainable futures. You can read more about this here.
Photo credit: Paul Blakemore.
Across the whole of We The Curious
|With donation:||Without donation:|
Planetarium shows are an extra £3.50 per person in addition to the entry ticket and can also be booked in advance online, by phone 0117 915 1000 (9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday), or subject to availability bought in person on the night on a first-come-first-served basis.
Science transforms lives
If you chose to add a voluntary 10% donation to your ticket price and you’re a UK tax payer, we’re allowed to claim Gift Aid on the whole amount. Last year your collective donations helped over 9,000 children to visit for free. Thank you!