This half-term, spend a day together exploring everything from the blood in your veins to the stars in the sky. There's plenty to fire your imaginations across our two floors of interactive exhibits and a choice of shows in our 3D Planetarium.
Special activities taking place are around our theme 'what happens next?' and are all about the future. These activities are included in your day entry ticket and you can just drop in on the day.
- In our Greenhouse, see how we might grow more plants indoors and have a go at planting, harvesting and tasting microgreens (11.45am & 3.45pm).
- Chat about food, life and leftovers over a spot of lunch in the Tales from the Table in the Kitchen. How does the way we eat have an impact on our health? Our communities? Our planet? (11.15am and 2.15pm).
- Enjoy some impromptu science fun in Pop-up Science in the Live Lab- different every day! (12.45pm & 2.45pm)
- Upstairs in the Tinkering Space, join in with a Robot Workshop. Meet our robotic friends and draw, make or describe your ideas for the next generation of machines (12.45pm & 3.15pm).
- In the Studio, live show 'The Lightbulb Moment' explores how curious thoughts and unexpected ideas can change the world (12.15pm, 2pm & 3.45pm)
- Head up to the second floor (Mon to Fri only - not weekends) for Topsy-Turvy Twisty Turny Ball Run - you'll find our extra cafe and picnic space here too if you need refreshment!
Planetarium shows are an additional £2.50 per person for 2D shows and £3.50 for 3D shows. 3D shows are not suitable for children under the age of 6.
Winter Stargazing 3D (6+) 12.30pm, 2.45pm, 4.15pm & 5pm
Space Explorers 2D (Under 6s) 11.45am
Rocketship Adventure 2D (Under 7s) 2pm
Solar System Odyssey 3D (6+) & 2D (5+) 11am & 1.15pm (3D) 3.30pm (2D)
You can buy tickets when booking your day tickets online or when you arrive at the front desk.
16 Feb - 24 Feb
See day entry ticket prices
Across the whole of We The Curious
10am to 6pm
Planning your visit
- Information on how to find us and public transport options can be found here.
- Just to be aware, there are some road-works in Bristol city centre and on Anchor Road at the moment. These are slowing traffic down at peak times.
- We have a cafe on the ground floor serving hot and cold food and drink.
- During weekdays in half-term, a further cafe will be open on the second floor.
- There's also an indoor picnic area so do feel free to bring your own food.
- Call the team on 0117 915 1000 (during working hours) if you have any queries and follow us on twitter at @wethecurious_ for updates!
Photo credit: Daniel Watkiss