Summer holidays: Climate action!
This holiday, investigate the challenges facing our home here on planet Earth and get creative as we think about possible solutions.
Our programming spaces will be alive with workshops, experiments, storytelling and poetry this summer and autumn, all themed around the need for positive action to limit climate change.
As part of your visit:
- Explore the steps we can take to REWILD Our Planet in a ground-breaking augmented reality experience.
- Join artists Ella Good and Nicki Kent in their quest to build a Martian house. What would we need to live on another planet? And what does this tell us about how we can live more sustainably here and now?
- Discover your inner inventor in the Tinkering Space. Learn more about harnessing energy from the sun, wind and water and imagine how you would power your dream home.
- Take your taste buds on a journey in the Kitchen and explore the stories behind some of our favourite foods
- Become a Change Maker and make your own promise to the planet.
On various dates from the 3 August, we're delighted to be welcoming our poet in residence, from poetry trailblazers Apples and Snakes. Take inspiration from the vast landscapes of space or the fragile blue planet we call home, in family adventures in spoken word!
Our promise to the planet
Our summer holiday programme of activities exploring the positive actions we can take to protect our planet is part of our long-term commitment to building a sustainable future.
On the 5 June this year, We The Curious declared a climate emergency, joining other institutions in recognising the urgency to act and pledging to become carbon neutral by 2030. You can read more about this here.
24 Jul - 31 Aug
Included with a general admission ticket.
Across the whole of We The Curious