Coronavirus - We The Curious open as usual
Monday 16 March | Jen Forster
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, visitors and the wider community is our top priority, so we’ve been closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation. At this time, we are open as usual.
We’re following Public Health England guidelines and will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves. Following advice from Public Health England (PHE) we’ve implemented the following to ensure that the venue remains a clean and healthy space:
- Increased routine cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched spaces and surfaces, including toilets, table-tops, handrails, doors, exhibit touch screens, and lift buttons
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is available on the ticket desks as people enter the venue
- Some exhibits (such as ‘Soundbite’ which includes gripping a straw with your teeth) and activities have been modified
- Handwash basins are available in toilets and on the ground floor next to Live Lab
- ‘How to wash your wands effectively’ posters have been put into all toilets.
- We’re asking all visitors to think of those who are vulnerable, and to adhere to current UK Government advice regarding travel restrictions and self-isolation for individuals that have visited specific areas or if you have a high temperature and/or a new continuous cough.
- If you do have tickets booked with us, then please read our Cancellation Policy - we're happy to reschedule tickets under special circumstances such as Coronavirus, so if you think this applies to you please call our bookings line on 0117 915 1000 (9-5 Monday - Friday).
For further information, do visit .gov.uk for information on the Coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and information about the virus and its symptoms. This is updated at 2pm every day.
If you’re concerned about your health in relation to coronavirus should follow official PHE guidance and contact NHS 111 if the guidance advises them to do so.