Booking terms and conditions
In entering into any transaction with We The Curious you do so on the basis of the below terms and conditions. The terms and conditions of each transaction type are made up of the specific terms relating to the transaction type (for example on-line ticket purchase terms and conditions) and the Common Terms.
In making a donation (including a Gift Aid contribution to on-line ticket(s)) through this website you are donating, unless otherwise stated, to We The Curious Ltd., a registered charity, registered charity number 1049954. You may elect to make a Gift Aid donation when purchasing an on-line ticket. If you are a UK tax payer, We The Curious can reclaim tax paid on your donation under the Gift Aid scheme if you have paid UK income tax or capital gains tax in the tax year at least equivalent to the amount We The Curious is able to claim. Tax relief may be available for Gift Aid donations.
Online ticket purchase terms and conditions
In purchasing on-line tickets for entry into We The Curious, you enter into an agreement with We The Curious Ltd, company number 3046496, registered charity number 1049954 on these on-line specific terms that incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
Categories of ticket holders
For the purpose of online ticket sales the following definitions apply:
- An adult is aged 16 to 59 years old inclusive
- Concessions include over 60s, students, those receiving Universal Credit and disabled people. Child concessions cover those with registered disabilities and any children who are in foster care. We will ask you for proof of status when you arrive, so please have this with you.
- A student means an adult or senior who holds any type of valid photographic identity card showing that they are a student
- A child is aged 3 to 15 years inclusive (a child under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult to enter We The Curious)
- A child under 3 goes free in to We The Curious but still requires a ticket
- A 10% discount is automatically applied to any transaction containing 3 or more paid admission tickets to We The Curious
Ticket purchase, refunds and validity
Tickets are only valid for the date and time stated upon them. We’re a charity in receipt of no regular government funding and are heavily reliant on ticket income and donations. All booking amendments have a direct impact on our finances as a charity.
Pre-booked tickets are non-refundable and we’re under no obligation to refund or exchange tickets for other services or dates.
In the event that you’ve made an error in your booking, or if you absolutely can’t make the dates you’ve booked due to unforeseen circumstances such as child sickness or a positive Covid test result, we’ll require a minimum notice period of 72 hours to allow us to try and re-book you into a different booking time slot.
If we’re unable to re-book your visit or you’ve contacted us with less than 72 hours’ notice, we’ll do our best to rebook your visit, but we’re under no obligation to refund or exchange tickets for other services.
To move a booking please contact us through this form. This is the most efficient way for us to process your request.
On arrival at We The Curious, the following will be required:
- Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed (such as NUS card) for each person to be admitted under the ticket
- You may be asked to pay the full admission price in the instance of proof not being available • The tickets provided by email at the time of purchase.
- The payment card used to purchase the on-line tickets on this website (We The Curious reserves the right to refuse admission if the correct booking reference and/or payment card is not produced)
- Online tickets purchased in advance cannot be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer. Promotional vouchers can only be used when purchasing a ticket at the on-site ticket sales points on the day of the visit.
Issue of online tickets
Once your booking has been processed you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you specified, containing your e-tickets. It is your responsibility to check, prior to purchase, that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your on-line ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing on-line tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
No on-line ticket may be resold without the prior written consent of We The Curious Ltd. If any person attempts to enter We The Curious with an on-line ticket that has been resold without We The Curious’s written consent, We The Curious may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person by We The Curious.
Access to We The Curious
All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult throughout the venue.
We The Curious reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry into or remove from the We The Curious site, any person. This includes but is not limited to a person who:
- Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of We The Curious has, or is likely to, adversely affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in anyway provokes or behaves in a manner which may provide a breach of the peace
- Is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Any individual or group refused entry or removed from the site for any of the above reasons will not be entitled to a refund of all or part of any monies already paid to us.
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into We The Curious, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by We The Curious staff.
We The Curious policies
- It is prohibited to take into We The Curious any pets or animals of any nature, with the exception of guide dogs
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within the We The Curious buildings
- Commercial photography and audio or visual recording of any kind are all strictly prohibited, unless prior authorisation has been obtained from We The Curious. Photographs for personal use may be taken
- Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk, and any baggage left unattended may be removed for security reasons
- We The Curious accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into the attraction
- For technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed, altered or closed at any time. We The Curious reserves the right to alter programme details if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control
In these terms “We The Curious” refers to the organisation relevant to your transaction as stated in the specific terms relating to each transaction type (the “Specific Terms”). The word “Terms” refers to the Specific Terms together with these Common Terms.
Amendment to the Terms
We The Curious reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and or you enter into any transaction with We The Curious, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you).
If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond We The Curious’ reasonable control
We The Curious will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these Terms and We The Curious takes no action, We The Curious will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Warranty as to Age and Residential Status
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into any transaction through this website (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use this website in accordance with the Terms.
You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of this website (as well as for the use of your account by others). You also warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from We The Curious’s negligence, We The Curious, its employees and or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of or in connection with We The Curious' relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, We The Curious’ maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from We The Curious’ negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to We The Curious in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against We The Curious arose.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and We The Curious in respect of the relevant transactions and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and We The Curious with respect to the transaction.
A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in print form.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or We The Curious.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This website is directed to the United Kingdom and therefore certain terms and conditions may not be applicable to non United Kingdom nationals who access this website.