Tickets and Gift Vouchers
Due to a fire our building is closed until at least January 2023.
In the meantime, we're running free activities for all out on our squares.
We're also out and about visiting every postcode in Bristol, so you'll find us popping up at community events and city festivals across the city.
Do sign up to our mailing list for the latest news!
Gift vouchers are still available to buy online, but tickets aren't as we've taken them off sale for the time being.
|Ticket type||Without donation||With donation|
|Adult (Age 16+)||£16||£17.60|
|Child (Age 3-15)||£11||£12.10|
- The easiest way to book is online and you'll be asked to select a 30 minute arrival slot when booking.
- Everyone, including members, needs to book tickets ahead of visiting. For the time being it isn't possible to walk up and buy tickets at the venue.
- Under 12s must supervised throughout the venue, including the Planetarium
- Concessions include over 65s, students, those receiving Universal Credit or free school meals, disabled people and children in foster care. We may ask you for proof of status when you arrive, so please have this with you.
- Personal Assistants can also book online. If somebody in your party requires a carer, personal assistant, support worker, or if you are entering as a foster parent then you can book a personal assistant ticket. These are free and can be added onto any booking that contains a paid concession ticket. This is valid for both general admission and planetarium admission.
- Info about school trips and bookings can be found here
As a charity, we don’t offer refunds. By purchasing a ticket you are supporting our charitable projects, as well as the running of our venue. If you’ve made an error in your booking we need a minimum notice period of 72 hours to allow us to try and re-book you into the correct booking time slot. If we are unable to re-book your visit or you have contacted us within the 72 hour notice period we may not be able to move your booking as per our booking T&Cs
We The Curious is home to the UK's first 3D Planetarium.
Take a voyage into space, shoot out into the stars and immerse yourself in stunning visuals in our silver dome.
Prices for all daytime shows:
Age 0-2: Free
Need to know:
- Please add Planetarium tickets to your shopping basket at the same time as booking day tickets. Unfortunately it's not possible to add them onto your booking at a later date
- For health reasons, under 6s aren't able to view 3D shows. 2D shows are available.
- Under 3s go free, but they'll still need a seat booking
- Each show lasts 30 mins
- To keep everyone safe, we've introduced a number of safety measures in the Planetarium. This includes significantly reduced capacity to allow plenty of space between bubbles.
- Shows are led by our expert presenters (from a distance!)
- Occasionally Planetarium shows can be subject to change depending on staffing on the day.
- Whilst we're doing all we can to run shows as listed, occasionally they can be subject to change.
It’s hard to describe and its hard to wrap, but curiosity can be a present - Gift Vouchers are now available online!
Vouchers are issued electronically and you can choose to email them straight to the recipient, if you like.
Gift Vouchers can be put towards tickets or membership (but not the shop or cafe at present, sorry folks), and they help support us as a charity too.
We The Curious is an educational charity (number 1049954) and we need your support to keep our doors open. Every ticket and shop purchase, donation and membership helps us to build a better future where everyone is included, curious and inspired by science.
Please consider adding a voluntary 10% donation to your tickets and Gift Aiding if you can.
If you’re a UK tax payer, we can then claim Gift Aid on the whole amount you’ve paid. More on Gift Aid
To help keep everyone safe we’ve put lots of measures in place to ensure our venue is clean, well ventilated, spacious and safe.
Here’s what you can expect:
- We’re significantly limiting the number of visitors in the venue. It'll feel quite different to what you might be used to - it'll be a lot quieter and you'll have lots of space to move freely throughout the exhibits.
- You’ll need to book a timed entry slot.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks (and we'd really appreciate it if you could wear them too).
- You'll see lots of hand sanitiser stations around the venue.
- We’ve increased cleaning throughout the venue (including exhibition floor and toilets).
- Our Foyer will look a bit different, with self-scan tickets points and the main desk and till points moved.
Find out what else we are doing to keep everyone safe by reading our FAQs
These free weekends give families and community groups, who may not otherwise have a chance to visit, to explore We The Curious together for free.
We're currently looking at when we may be able to run these again. Watch this space!
Find out more about the work we do with under-represented community groups and audiences.
If you’re unable to book tickets online, or need help with an existing booking, you can contact us here.
A member of our team should be able to get back to you within a few working days. Please bear this timeframe in mind and contact us as soon as possible if you need help.
Please include as much detail as possible, as this makes it a lot quicker to process your enquiry.